immigration lawyer

Many United States citizens have parents who live in foreign countries, and they want to unite the family in the U.S. There is a specific immigration process to petition the government to allow your parents to join you here, though it is not always an easy one. You should discuss your specific situation with an immigration lawyer in Orange County before you begin the process.


What is the Fiancé Visa?

fiance visa

Many United States citizens wish to marry foreign nationals and live together in the U.S. However, it is imperative that you follow the appropriate immigration protocol in this situation. The U.S. government allows you to petition for a “fiancé” visa, officially called the K-1 Visa.

green card attorney

Many U.S. citizens have family members living in foreign countries who wish to be reunited. Citizens can sponsor certain family members to become permanent residents, which allows them to remain in the U.S. indefinitely, receive a green card, and have an eventual path to citizenship themselves. If you want to discuss your specific situation, you should contact an immigration lawyer in Orange County. The following is some basic information about sponsoring family members for green cards.

green card

Getting married is a huge personal step in your life, and one that often confers significant benefits to you and your spouse. If you’ve married a non-citizen, one of these benefits is that your spouse is now eligible for a “Green Card,” or permanent resident status. Once your spouse has a Green Card, he or she can stay in the U.S. indefinitely, is allowed to work, and is a significant step closer to obtaining his or her U.S. citizenship.