FAQs about E-2 Visas

immigration attorney

If you are a foreign national and would like to come to the United States to invest in a business enterprise, you might qualify to obtain an E-2 Treaty Investor visa. The following are some common questions and brief answers regarding the E-2 visa. For specific questions, contact an immigration lawyer in Santa Ana directly.

E-2 Visas

E-2 visas are only available for nationals of countries with an E-2 treaty with the United States. As of May 1, 2019, this type of visa is available to Israeli nationals. People may apply for an E-2 visa through the Tel Aviv branch office of the U.S. Embassy. You can mail your application and documents to:

E-2 Visa

When applying for an E-2 visa, you must sufficiently demonstrate that your current or planned investment in a U.S. business is substantial and involves a bona fide enterprise. There are different steps you can take to strengthen your application and chances of approval.

dual citizenship

Many green card holders never explore the possibility of becoming a United States citizen because they do not want to give up citizenship from their home country. However, you may not realize that the U.S. does allow dual citizenship for many people, and the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) recognized the validity of dual citizenship in a 1952 ruling. The U.S. Department of State also notes that the law does not require someone to choose one nationality or another. Dual citizenship means that you are a national of two different countries at the same time, and you have the responsibilities and rights that come with citizenship in both countries.